- Combine garlic, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and Chinese five spice and pour over chicken drumsticks to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or up to 3 hours if time permits.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C fan forced. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place chicken onto tray and pour over the marinade. Roast for 40 minutes but rotating after the first 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the rice in the microwave.
- Add to a wok the sesame oil, bok choy and capsicum and cook for a few minutes until tender. Now add the mushrooms and season and cook a further 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and pour the rice into the vegetable mixture and toss to combine well.
- Serve the drumsticks over the coconut rice with wedges of lime and scatter over green onions and sesame seeds.
- The recipe works well with chicken wings or chicken thighs.
- To make this recipe gluten free use Tamari Sauce instead of Soy Sauce.
- To cook the coconut rice from scratch, swap the water you would usually add to cook the rice with a light coconut milk.