- In a pot add the olive oil and onion and sauté until tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Stir in all the other ingredients and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Marinade the chicken wings with the BBQ sauce and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the BBQ and over a low heat with the lid closed, grill for 5 minutes per side rotating each side twice. With every rotation, baste the wings to prevent them from sticking. The cooking time is approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with vegetable sticks as an appetiser or alongside a quinoa and vegetable salad for a complete meal.
- Cook extra BBQ Sauce to use as a dipping sauce for the chicken wings. Any leftover sauce can be refrigerated for up to a week and can be used on chicken burgers or with a chicken and potato salad.
- To prevent the chicken wings from charring baste and cook over a low heat.
- Combine natural yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice and dill to create a creamy dip to serve alongside the chicken wings.
- This recipe also works well with chicken thigh fillets.