- Prepare chicken by pat drying with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Preheat oven 210˚C fan forced and line a tray with baking paper.
- Add to a bowl the thyme, lemon zest, garlic, paprika, oregano, sea salt, pepper, butter, extra virgin olive oil and white wine. Combine well and pour over the chicken and under the skin of the breast.
- Cover with baking paper and place into oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then baste well and cook uncovered for a further 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve drizzled with its juices and a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- For quicker cooking time, try this recipe with butterfly chicken. To butterfly the chicken, flip it over so the backbone is facing upwards. Using kitchen scissors,
cut down the sides of the backbone and remove. Turn-over and open by pushing down on the breast bone to flatten chicken.
- Generously season the chicken inside and out with a healthy dose of sea salt and pepper as it enhances the flavours.
- Adding the marinade under the skin of the breast helps keep it moist, adds flavour and gives it a crispy skin.
- Serve this recipe alongside a Greek salad, steamed quinoa or baked potatoes.