- Untie pork shoulder and use a sharp knife to cut into large chunks. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Fry the pork pieces in a large heavy-based lidded saucepan over a high heat for 5 minutes, until browned.
- Add the vegetables and garlic, then cook for 3 more minutes. Mix in the capsicums and stock, then top up with water to cover. If using a slow-cooker, transfer at this stage to cooking insert. Fit the lid, then simmer with the lid slightly ajar for 3 hours, until the pork is tender. If using a slow-cooker, cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Skim excess oil from surface before serving.
Slow cooked pork shoulder with roasted capsicum
3 hrs 10 mins
- 1.2kg boneless pork shoulder, rolled
- Sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped vegetables (onion, celery, leek)
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ cups roasted capsicums, sliced
- 1 litre beef stock