- Preheat oven to 160°C. Fry the sausages in a large heavy-based saucepan set over a low-moderate heat in the butter for 8-10 minutes, turning often, until browned and firm to touch. Set aside.
- Add the flour to the pan and cook for 1 minute, then whisk in the milk and simmer until smooth. Fold in the cheeses and nutmeg, then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a lidded casserole dish with the sausages and bake for 1 hour.
Sausage casserole in cheese sauce
1 hr 15 mins
- 12 pork sausages
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper