- Preheat oven to 150°C. Fry the pork belly rashers in a large heavy-based pan over a high heat in oil for 3 minutes, each side, until browned. Set aside.
- Fry the vegetables, garlic and rosemary for 5 minutes, until aromatic, then mix in the garlic and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Top with pork rashers and stock, fit the lid, then bake for 3 hours, until the pork and barley are both tender.
Pork Belly casserole with garden vegetables and rosemary
3 hr 20 mins
- 600g pork belly rashers
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 cup mixed garden vegetables, diced (carrots, celery, onion, leek)
- 12 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- ¼ cup pearl barley
- 1 litre chicken stock