- Add 5-6 pieces of lamb onto a soaked, bamboo skewer. Repeat until all lamb is skewered.
- Heat a barbeque or char-grill pan over high heat. Using rosemary, brush the lamb skewers with oil, season and grill lamb in batches, turning occasionally, until slightly charred and cooked through (8-10 minutes).
- For Salad: Combine bread, cucumber, tomato, onion and basil in a serving bowl. Drizzle over oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.
- Serve skewers garnished with basil. salad and aioli.
Lamb arosticini skewers, panzanella salad
- 800g lamb shoulder, cut into 3-4cm pieces
- 80ml olive oil
- 80ml olive oil ½ bunch rosemary, to be used as a brush
- Basil leaves to garnish
- Aioli to serve
- PANZANELLA SALAD
- 4 slices day old Italian style bread, torn into 2cm pieces, lightly toasted
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely torn, extra to garnish
- 40mls olive oil
- 40mls red wine vinegar