- Lamb Skewers: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season and mix well with damp hands. Divide lamb into 4 portions, ensure hand are wet and form the meat around skewers. Place on a tray, cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Pre-heat barbeque. Using separate skewers, add the peppers and red onions, brush with oil.
- Cook for skewers for 4-6 minutes on each side. Turning regularly. Repeat the process for all skewers, until slightly charred, browned and cooked through.
- Sumac Onions: Place all ingredients in an airtight container, toss to combine. Season and allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 48 hours.
- Tomato Salad: Whisk together oil, vinegar and sugar. Season to taste, set aside. Add tomatoes, eschallots, capers and basil on a platter, drizzle over dressing and serve.
- Squeeze over lemon. Serve on flat bread with sumac onions and tomato salad.
Lamb adana kebabs, sumac onions & tomato salad
- 600g lamb mince
- 1 brown onion, grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground chilli
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sumac
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 red capsicum, grated
- Youghurt flat breads, roasted peppers, sumac onions, tomatoes and garlic yoghurt to serve.
- SUMAC ONIONS
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- ¼ cup shredded flat leaf parsley
- 2 tsp sumac
- ½ tsp sea salt
- TOMATO SALAD
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp caster sugar
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 eschallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp capers
- 6 – 8 basil leaves, shredded