- Preheat oven to 150°C. Season the ribs generously with salt and pepper, then rub with brown sugar and barbecue seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Arrange the ribs on a lined oven tray and drizzle with oil. Cover with foil then bake for 2 hours.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and set over a high heat. Boil rapidly for 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove the foil, then continue baking for 1 hour, basting from time to time with the marinade, until tender and glossy.
Kansas city pork ribs
- 4 10-bone racks of pork ribs
- Sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup molasses
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper