Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 minutes
Ingredients - serves 4
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp roasted rice, coarsely ground
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, very finely shredded
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- Baby cos leaves, lime wedges and roasted peanuts, to serve
- Place a large wok or frying pan over a high heat. Cook half of the beef mince in a small amount of vegetable oil in for 3 minutes or until lightly coloured, breaking it up as it cooks. Repeat with the remaining beef. Tip into a large mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- To roast rice, place in a dry frying pan over a moderately high heat. Stir until toasted and brown. Transfer to a mortar and pestle or food processor and process until coarsely ground.
- Add the ground rice and remaining ingredients and stir well. Place onto a platter and serve with baby cos leaves, roasted peanuts and lime wedges.