Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients - serves 4
- 800 g chuck steak, trimmed of fat and diced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into large pieces
- 200 g mushrooms, quartered
- 300 ml red wine
- 500 ml salt-reduced beef stock
- 2 medium zucchni, cut into large pieces
- Lemon zest, chopped parsley and mashed potato to serve
- Place the beef in a bowl and toss in flour. Preheat oven to 170oC
- Add 2 tsp of oil to a large casserole dish over high heat, add half the beef and cook until browned on both sides. Remove from casserole dish and repeat process with 2 tsp oil and remaining beef. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and the onion, carrots and mushrooms to the casserole dish. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until lightly coloured. Add the red wine, beef stock and beef to the dish and bring to the boil.
- Cover and cook in the oven for2 hours or until the meat is tender. Add the zucchini for the final 20 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve with mashed potato, lemon zest and chopped parsley.
Red wine can be omitted and replaced with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 cup water.