- Place the beef mince, egg and Thai herb blend in a large bowl. Using your hand bring the mixture together and knead until just combined. Shape 1 tbsp measures of mixture into small patties. Brush or spray the patties lightly with oil.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over a moderately high heat. The patties should sizzle when you add them to the pan, lower the heat to moderate. Cook the patties in three batches for 6-8 minutes each, reheat the pan after each batch. Cook patties until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place noodles and corn in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain. Rinse under cold running water. Drain. Add snow peas, green onion and basil, toss to combine. 4 Combine sauce, zest and juice in a small jug. Serve beef patties with rice noodle salad and sauce mixture drizzled over.
- Patties should not be served undercooked, rare or pink. A good guide is that when a skewer is inserted into the meatball the juices run clear.
- The fresh Thai herb blend is available in tubes in the chiller section of the fruit and vegetable aisle.
- If Thai basil is unavailable you can use basil or coriander instead.