- Preheat oven to 230°C. Season the pork generously with salt and pepper, then rub with oil.
- Mix the butter, garlic and chives, then season with salt.
- Arrange the pork in a lined roasting pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- Continue roasting for a further 10 minutes, turning often, brushing with the garlic butter mixture regularly, until the pork is just firm to touch and cooked to medium.
- Rest for 4 minutes, then carve and serve.
Roast pork fillet with garlic butter
- 2 400g pork fillets, silverskin removed
- Sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ bunch chives, finely snipped