- Preheat oven to 160°C. Dice the pork into 2cm cubes, season with salt and pepper, then toss with oil. Fry in a large heavy-based pan over a high heat for 5 minutes, until browned. Set aside.
- Add the leek and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until the leek is softened.
- Put the pork and leek mixture in a lidded casserole dish, then pour in the stock. Fit the lid, then bake for 1 hour.
- Add the pumpkin and walnuts, mix in, then bake for one more hour.
Pork casserole with leek, pumpkin and walnuts
2 hrs 30 mins
- 800g pork scotch fillet (whole or steaks)
- Sea salt flakes and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 500ml beef stock
- 2 cups pumpkin, diced
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped