- Add to a wide base pot one tablespoon of oil and the sliced onions and sauté until golden. Remove and add to a food processor along with the tomatoes, garlic and yoghurt. Pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- In the same pot add the remaining cooking oil along with the chicken. Season with a generous amount of salt and pepper and cook both sides until lightly golden. Now add all the spices, green chilli and yoghurt mixture. Cook until the chicken begins to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, increase heat and cook for 5 minutes to thicken liquid.
- Turn off heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with coriander leaves and roasted almonds and serve with naan bread.
- To make this Dairy Free, replace the natural yoghurt with coconut yoghurt or a natural flavoured vegan yoghurt of choice.
- This recipe would also work well with chicken drumsticks.
- To reduce the heat in this recipe, remove the seeds from the chilli before adding it to the mixture.
- This recipe can also be served with steamed white or brown rice, quinoa or steamed green vegetables.