Australian Butchers Store community sponsorship competition:
Terms and Conditions
- This Australian Butchers Store community sponsorship campaign competition (Competition) is promoted by Catresca Pty Ltd (ACN 629 246 091) (we, us or our).
- This Competition will be conducted via Facebook and Instagram (Social Media Platforms), in-store point of sale and our website https://butchersstore.com.au/ (Site).
- Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Terms. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and any other reference to this Competition, these Terms prevail.
- The Competition comprises of 2 stages, namely:
- the Application Stage:
- beginning at 9am AEDT on 11 January 2024; and
- ending at 5pm AEDT on 8 February 2024.
- the Voting Stage:
- beginning at 9am AEDT on 16 February 2024; and
- ending at 3pm AEDT on 29 March 2024.
- This Competition is a game of chance. Skill plays no part.
- the Application Stage:
- The Competition is open to Registered Community Clubs in Victoria, Australia.
- You must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry.
- Employees and contractors of Catresca Pty Ltd (ACN 629 246 091) (and their Immediate Families), our Related Bodies Corporate and the agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter.
3. How to enter: Application Stage
- To enter the Competition, Registered Community Clubs must, during the Application Stage:
- visit our Site (Competition Entry Page);
- navigate to the competition tab on the Competition Entry Page;
- complete the registration form on the Competition Entry Page, providing details such as your club name, club contact email, applicant’s name, applicant’s contact number, club registration number, size of club and designated Australian Butchers Store;
- consent to participate in the Competition; and
- submit the completed entry form before the Application Stage ends.
- Registered Community Clubs that meet the conditions in clause 3(a) become eligible for the Voting Stage.
- During the Competition, Registered Community Clubs may be tagged on Social Media Platforms for promotional purposes.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the Social Media Platforms.
- Entry is limited to 1 per Registered Community Club during the Application Stage. Multiple entries from a club will result in disqualification.
- We will not accept entries submitted after the end of the Application Stage.
- The time of each entry will be the time and date of your entry, as displayed on the Social Media Platforms.
- We may, at any time:
- verify the validity of entries and entrants (including your identity, age, registered club number and place of residence); and
- disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms or who otherwise tampers or interferes with the entry process.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be invalid at our discretion.
- We are not responsible for incorrect, incomplete, lost, late or misdirected entries.
- If there is a dispute as to your identity or details, we reserve the right to determine your identity or details and our determination is final.
4. Voting for your preferred Registered Community Club
- After the Application Stage concludes, the Voting Stage will commence.
- Online and in-person voting are open to the public.
- To vote online during the Voting Stage, voters must:
- visit our Site;
- navigate to the voting tab;
- select the nearest Australian Butchers Store;
- nominate your preferred Registered Community Club; and
- submit your vote before the Voting Stage ends.
- Limit of 1 online vote per voter.
- Each online vote submitted on our Site constitutes 1 entry into the draw, and more votes increase a Registered Community Club’s chance of winning a prize.
- Notwithstanding clause 4(d), voters may earn additional votes by visiting an Australian Butcher Store during a Promotional Phase and purchasing a promotional item (to be determined by the Promotor at the time of checkout)
- There is no limit to the number of additional votes that can be acquired through in-person purchases during the Promotional Phase.
- After the Voting Stage concludes, all the votes for each Registered Community Club will be collected and entered into a draw, from which 4 winners will be randomly selected.
5. Determination of winners
- There will be 4 winners in total (1 Registered Community Club winner from each Australian Butchers Store).
- The winners will be randomly drawn.
- We will conduct the draw at 11am AEDT on 10 April 2024.
- We may draw additional valid reserve entries and record them in case:
- an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn; and
- we elect to draw on the reserve entries.
5.2 Notification and announcement of winners
- The winners will be notified at 11am AEDT on 15 April 2024 via their nominated email address and via phone (where available).
- The winners will be announced via email direct marketing to our database, Social Media Platforms and on our Site at 11am AEDT on 16 April 2024.
- The first initial, surname and, if required by relevant laws, postcode, of the winners and will be announced on our Site on 16 April 2024.
- Entries and entrants’ social media handles may be published on our websites and social media pages, and in any other promotional material that we consider relevant. By entering the Competition, you consent to us publishing your details, including your social media handle.
- It is your responsibility to notify us in writing if your contact details change.
- Our draw is final.
- The total prize pool value for this Competition is AUD$20,000 (inclusive of GST).
- Each of the 4 winners will receive a AUD$5,000 sponsorship from their local Australian Butchers Store.
7. Claiming the prize
- The winners must collect their prize from their local Australian Butchers Store within 14 days of the winners being notified of the outcome of the draw.
- A prize is not transferable, saleable or redeemable as cash, credit or equivalent.
- You should seek independent advice, including financial advice, as implications (such as tax) may arise as a result of claiming the prize(s).
- You must comply with all terms and conditions of use of the prize(s).
- Before claiming the prize we may require you to sign a legal release in a form we determine.
If a winner does not claim their prize within the time prescribed in clause 7(a), we will conduct a redraw:
- using the same method of draw specified in clause 5.1(b);
- at 11am AEDT on 7 May 2024.
- The winner of a redraw will be notified at 11am AEDT on 8 May 2024 by via their nominated email address and via phone (where available).
- The first initial, full surname and, if required by applicable laws, postcode of the winner of a redraw will be announced on our Site on 8 May 2024.
- We own all entries, including any Intellectual Property Rights comprised in the entries and their content.
- You are responsible for the entry you submit, including its content (such as text, images, photos and videos) and any accompanying comments.
- We are not liable in any way for your entry to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We may remove or delete any entry without notice for any reason whatsoever.
- You warrant and agree that:
- you will not submit any entry that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that we could reasonably consider to be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- you will obtain prior written consent from any person that appears or is reasonably identifiable in your entry before submitting it;
- your entry does not contain viruses and will not cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
- you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
10. Personal Information
- Entries may be entered into a database.
- By entering this Competition, you consent to us:
- using your Personal Information to conduct the Competition and communicate with you if you win a prize;
- publishing your Personal Information, or disclosing your Personal Information to State and Territory lottery departments, as required by relevant laws; and
- using your name and likeness in any media, worldwide, for an unlimited period for promotional purposes without payment to you, including for the purposes of promoting this Competition and any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by us or our Related Bodies Corporate.
- If you wish to access, or for us to update, correct or delete, your Personal Information or information in your entry, contact us using the details below.
- Nothing in these Terms excludes, restricts or modifies any rights or remedies under Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
- Subject to clause 11(a) and to the fullest extent permitted by law, we and our Related Bodies Corporate (and each of their officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents):
- are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorised access to entries or any other event beyond our control. In these circumstances, if we elect to cancel the Competition, we do so without liability and may reschedule it on the same terms;
- make no express or implied warranties, representations or guarantees, in fact or in law, regarding this Competition or the merchantability, quality or fitness for purpose of any part of the prizes; and
- exclude all liability (including for negligence) for any personal injury or loss or damage (including for loss of opportunity, business, goodwill or profits), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including where arising out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under our control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is cancelled, delayed, interrupted, diverted, late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after our receipt or otherwise);
- any variation in prize value or specification;
- any tax liability or similar charge incurred by the winners; or
- use of a prize by the winners.
- We are not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, providers or equipment, software, traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination of those, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials in this Competition.
- You are solely responsible for any costs associated with accessing the promotional websites on the Social Media Platforms, as these costs depend on the internet service provider you use. We accept no responsibility for your use (or attempted use) of those platforms or websites.
- Without limiting any other terms, you indemnify us and our Related Bodies Corporate (and their officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents) from and against your breach of these Terms.
12. Disruption to Competition
- If, for any reason, this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as planned due to a Force Majeure Event, including where such circumstance corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, we may, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- disqualify any entrant who tampers or interferes with the entry process; or
- subject to any required regulatory approval, cancel, terminate, modify, reschedule or suspend the Competition, as appropriate.
- Any entrant found to be using a form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to a prize will be invalidated. If you have already received a prize, you must (at your cost) immediately return it to us. We will determine whether a breach has occurred in our discretion and may request any documentation we consider necessary to assist with our assessment. You must immediately provide any requested documentation at your cost.
- Any failure to enforce any of our rights does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Any part of these Terms that is illegal, void or unenforceable may be severed, and the remainder will continue in force.
- Subject to any required regulatory approval, we may modify or remove any part of these Terms at any time. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting to our website.
- At all relevant times, you must comply with any terms imposed by the Social Media Platforms provider, including the Terms and Conditions of Use at https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511.
- This Competition and any issues relating to the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms will be governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
- The promoter of this Competition is Catresca Pty Ltd (ACN 629 246 091) of Level 1, 60 Toorak Road, South Yarra, Victoria, 3141.
- If you have any questions or issues regarding these Terms or how this Competition is conducted, you may contact us at ad***@bu***********.au We will determine how any issues will be resolved.
AEDT means Australian Eastern Daylight Time.
Application Stage means the period when Registered Community Clubs can enter the Competition, between 11 January and 8 February 2024 before the Voting Stage commences.
Australian Butchers Store means the following Australian Butcher stores located at:
- 9-15 Enterprise Avenue, Berwick, Victoria, 3806;
- 287 Boronia Road, Boronia, Victoria, 3155;
- 342A Hammond Road, Dandenong, Victoria, 3175; and
- 49 Eramosa Road West, Somerville, Victoria, 3912
Force Majeure Event means an event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control, including not receiving any eligible entries or entrants, natural disaster, acts of war, riots, vandalism, failure or shortage of power supplies or other essential utility, pandemic, epidemic, quarantine or other widespread or serious threat to human health (including an outbreak or recurrence), strike, a change in applicable law, government imposed shutdown or closure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failures.
Immediate Families means any of the following (whether natural, step or adopted): spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child, parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew or sibling.
Intellectual Property Rights means all patents, rights to inventions, copyright, trade marks, trade names and domain names, rights in goodwill, rights in confidential information and any other intellectual property rights, whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for, and renewals or extensions of, such rights and all similar rights which subsist now or in future anywhere in the world.
Personal Information has the meaning in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Promotional Phase means the specific period during which the public may visit their local Australian Butchers Store and purchase a promotional item (to be determined by the Promotor at the time of checkout) to receive an additional vote for the Competition.
Registered Community Club refers to a registered community club that can receive donations and is located within a 10-kilometer radius of an Australian Butchers Store location in Victoria, Australia.
Related Bodies Corporate has the meaning in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Voting Stage is when the public can vote for their preferred Registered Community Club to win a prize between 16 February and 29 March 2024.
15 November 2023
©2023 Australian Butchers Store