Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients - serves 4
- 12 lamb cutlets, Frenched, fat trimmed
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped oregano
- 20 g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 35 g (1/3 cup) packaged breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 small green apples, cored, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup mint leaves
- ⅓ cup dill sprigs
- To make herb crust, place herbs parmesan and breadcrumbs in a small bowl, and toss to combine.
- Preheat a griller to high. Scatter herb crust evenly over lamb cutlets and place on a large oven tray. Grill on middle shelf for 15 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Rest, covered loosely with foil, for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, to make salad, whisk juice, honey and oil in a large bowl until combined. Add cabbage, apples and herbs and toss to combine.
- To serve, divide salad among four plates and top with cutlets.
If you like, substitute red cabbage with green cabbage, cos lettuce or a fresh coleslaw mix from you local supermarket.
This crust is great with other cuts of your favourite red meat.
Get your butcher to French and trim your cutlets of any fat.